If you got violently ill from eating at a local KFC restaurant, you've come to the right place. KFCs all over the world are violating health codes left and right. If you're one of the many people who are literally sick and tired of KFC (and can prove you got sick as a result of eating at KFC), you may be able to join a possible lawsuit against the company. Please e-mail KFCLawsuit@gmail.com with all the details of your visit to KFC. We can't process your e-mail properly if you don't include your full name, age, address, e-mail address, phone number, date you visited KFC, date you got sick, how you got sick, and how you can show that it was KFC that made you sick—so please be sure to include ALL that information in your e-mail. Forward this site on to everyone you know, as they too may have gotten sick from KFC!
● A KFC in Kansas City, Missouri, was shut down after authorities documented numerous health code violations, including raw chicken and other foods that were being held at 62°F in a nonfunctioning walk-in cooler.
● A Chesterton, Illinois, woman finds a bloody bandage in the bottom of her KFC baked beans. They offered to replace the beans with another helping, but naturally, she declined.
● One more breach of cleanliness to chalk up to KFC: Three workers in Redding, California, were photographed having a hot-tub party in a kitchen basin, and one of the bright young bathers decided to post the pictures on her MySpace page. KFC's excuse? No manager was on duty at the time. Apparently, when the cat's away, the mice take a bath in the sink. Kudos to these employees for reminding us why KFC’s parent company is called Yum! Brands ...
● Worms discovered in KFC sandwiches, click here to read more!
● In North Carolina, a man claims to have found a smear of human blood in his KFC sandwich. Click here to read more!
● A woman in Texas alleged that KFC served her a cockroach-filled sandwich. Click here to read more!
● Click here to read the testimonials of former KFC employees, including one who often had to cook and serve rancid, green chicken and another who was told to serve chicken that had fallen on the floor and into the trash!
● MSNBC investigated fast-food restaurants for health code violations and found that “[t]he 100 KFCs we sampled tallied up 157 critical violations, and two thirds of the ‘finger lickin’ good’ restaurants had at least one critical violation.” Read the full story here.
● A KFC in Indiana was closed down for all of 2006 because the health department said it posed an "imminent health hazard" and was a "potential vector of food borne illness." Click here to read the article.
● A KFC in Knoxville, Tennessee, was recently found to have 42 problems (out of a possible 46 items on the inspection list), including toxic chemicals out of place, chicken cooked at a temperature not high enough to prevent people from getting sick, and dirty containers, work stations, counters, and cups, among other things. Here's a story about it.
One KFC in Northern Ireland was fined almost $20,000 for serving raw chicken!
● A KFC in Los Angeles County was temporarily closed down in June 2006 for "Vermin infestation." See the L.A. Department of Public Health's report.
● In Missouri, a KFC was documented as having mold on the soda dispensers, dirty towels in the prep area (everyone knows how dirty and germ-filled rags can get), and service items on the floor, among other violations. Here's a story about it.
● A poor inspection at one KFC in Davenport, Iowa, helped spawn an article with the headline "Trash Cans, Flies and Meat, Oh My!" when flies were found all over a back room. Here's a story about it.
This is a photo of a chicken from a Tyson slaughterhouse (one of KFC's largest suppliers). It's no surprise that people are getting sick from this stuff.
Remember, this is just a sampling of recent KFC violations throughout the United States. Any online search for the words "KFC" and "health code violation" will turn up loads more! Internationally, the situation isn't any better.
The New South Wales Food Authority fined a Penrith KFC $1,100 after an acrylic fingernail was found in a box of fries.
At a KFC in Coventry, U.K., a 13-year-old boy found a used needle and other drug paraphernalia sitting on a filthy toilet in the restroom. The boy's father alerted the manager, who reportedly took 10 minutes to respond to the issue.
A KFC in London was charged with 13 violations of food-hygiene regulations after an inspection uncovered trays of bread and raw chicken caked with black grease, trash bags leaking onto the floor, mold- and dirt-covered food preparation surfaces, and a 1-meter pool of dried blood on the floor, among other things.
Read here about the Sydney, Australia, girl who developed salmonella poisoning and suffered brain damage after eating a KFC chicken wrap.
Hasn't KFC learned that people don't want to eat garbage? Yet another KFC worker, this time in Hong Kong, has been shown packaging and selling chicken from the trash can.
So far, we've learned about a KFC in Belfast, Northern Ireland, that was fined almost £12,000 (U.S.$20,000) for serving raw chicken! Check out this BBC article about the whole fiasco. A KFC in Hereford, United Kingdom, pleaded guilty to having a filthy kitchen and dangerously slick floors! Read the full story here!
In China, KFC was accused of using the same frying oil for as long as 10 days, which some experts believe may cause cancer! Click here to get the full story.
Yet another KFC has been fined nearly £13,000 for selling raw chicken to a customer. In November 2005, at the KFC in Plymouth, a woman was sold battered “crispy strips” that were, according to the prosecutor, “flash fried only.” Gross! Read the full story here.
Another KFC in Wales, United Kingdom, was fined £24,000 (US$40,000) for poor hygiene, which health inspectors said included unsanitary practices such as failure on the part of the staff to wash their hands, handling raw and cooked chicken at the same time, and defrosting of chicken in a “filthy” sink! On top of this, inspectors found dirty, greasy floors, surfaces, equipment, and children’s tables “ingrained with food debris”! Click here to get the details.
A mother who took her family to the KFC at Redhill High Street in the UK cut her mouth and tongue on plastic discovered in KFC coleslaw, and her 20-month-old daughter nearly ate some as well! Get the full scoop here.
In China, KFC was using known carcinogens in its food and then an actual poisonous herb; the government told citizens, and KFC finally stopped. Read more about that incident. A KFC in Vietnam was recently found to have unchecked chicken. Chicken contaminated with unsafe levels of salmonella and E. coli were previously found at this same KFC! Click here to read the story about it. Cockroaches at a KFC in Rio Claro, Trinidad, prompted health inspectors to close the store; click here to read more.
It's no wonder that KFC continually violates health codes—it doesn't seem to care about anything! Department of Labor records show that KFCs all over the United States continually must pay settlements (sometimes more than $10,000) for violating labor laws, including CHILD labor laws! In New Zealand, KFC workers recently went on strike because of their disgustingly low wages. And it gets worse—check out this video narrated by Pamela Anderson showing all the awful ways that KFC abuses chickens, from cutting their beaks off to boiling them alive! KFC is a company that doesn't care about people's health, it doesn't care about its workers, and it certainly doesn't care about animals.
If you've gotten sick from eating at KFC, please e-mail KFCLawsuit@gmail.com to join in on a possible lawsuit taking KFC to task for making people everywhere sick. Please remember to forward this site on to everyone you know. Click here to send this page to a friend!